Sunday, November 26, 2023

A Couple of Pregnant Blondes

Written on 10-24-23.

        B and I are settled into bed, and the new mini-split is humming above us.  It’s a Tuesday night, and it’s 8:56.  Ah, the “rewired” life.  Oh, and I get to go play golf again tomorrow.

It’s Ekko’s and Indie’s 1st birthday, so we got a lot of adorable pictures of them on ‘Pupdates’ today.  Pupdates is the group thread on our cell phones that took the place of the “Swopertongs” in order to include Amy, Kyle’s girl.

In other family and baby news, both Emily and Becca are...

pregnant!  Becca told me last week (she and I cried together on the phone), so everyone knows now except Mom/Jess and Char and Ed.  *(They have been told now, so I am safe posting this)  She will tell them soon, I bet.  I have been praying for Becca and Matt to have another baby after the miscarriage.  Of course, I have prayed for Emily and Carter to have another baby, too.  I think I will start praying for Casey and James now!

I went to McCoy today, and I had a fabulous day.  Once again, I really enjoy my job, and I am thankful for it every day.  Thank you, Belinda, for going to work every day.  She is supporting my golf habit (wink, wink).


Speaking of that, on to golf…

I wanted to get in here that the two guys that Kyle (last name) and I started playing with appeared to be pretty good.  I saw one of them on the range, and he had a decent swing.  That’s why I let them go ahead of us when we played together.  I was playing terribly, and Kyle hit his first tee shot over onto hole #18.  I didn’t want to frustrate them, and this was one of those times where separating helped us all play faster.

When we got to hole #7’s teeing ground, though, we caught up to them, and we talked while we waited and watched them tee off.  Chris went first, and he used a 3-wood or a utility club.  I know it wasn’t his driver.  His shot went high and right, so far right that it went down to to hole #6 below.  He teed up another one and did mostly the same thing.  Then he gave up.  Kevin stepped up next, and he hit a low, swinging hook that headed towards hole #16.  It headed for the trees in between the holes.  He didn’t tee up another one, and then they drove off in a huff.  Golf is hard.

We played a skins game on the back nine, and I thought he might win one hole, but he didn’t win any of them.  I waited to offer to play a game until we got to the back.  He said, “I guess the front nine was just the warm-up.”

We started with 10,000.00 for hole #10, and we went up to $18,000.00 for the the final hole.  I wondered if he has told his parents that he owes Mr. Swope a ton of money (wink, wink).  

The Superintendent’s Revenge was a hoot, and I am so glad Marc was sick.  Rather, I was happy Greg asked me, because I don’t want anybody to be sick.  Eric and I are playing with Marc and Greg at Pinon Hills tomorrow, and he is the guy I replaced at the Hillcrest tournament.  I look forward to meeting him.

We ended up winning some prize money, and I am thinking about using it as a discount to buy a wedge to add to my new irons.  I might replace my 56º Wishon, or I might buy a 60º for something new.  I haven’t decided, and I have until December to figure it out, because my prize money expires after that.  Hopefully, I will have my new irons by that time.  We tied for 4th place in the 2nd Flight, so we have $35.00 to spend.  That got me back about 66% of what I spent to play, but it was so worth it.

Okay, I am getting sleepy, so I will continue this later.


Until next time…

No comments: