Sunday, December 17, 2023

A Week With Mom and Dad

Written on 11-10-23.

        I am tired.  I am in Colorado Springs, and it’s been a blur of a week.  This is the second week Bev has been gone to Dublin and London, so I wanted to come help out and visit with the folks.  She went to Carter’s brother Zack’s wedding in Ireland, and then she spent some time in Amsterdam and London afterwards.  

I have spent lots of wonderful quality time with Mom and Dad every day since Monday, and we have gotten some stuff done.  Tomorrow, we are hoping to organize some mail and their files, so I am going over there early.  Dad wants to order an electric wheelchair, too, and I hope to get their pills restocked before I go, too.  Dad says Bev comes home tomorrow, but I don’t know if I will see her.  I probably will. 

Joe, Tammy, Darrell, and I went to...

enjoy brunch at Snooze in Southglenn yesterday before Darrell and I attended a small impromptu Alameda reunion at TJ’s Tavern off of Jewell.  At the reunion, I was able to visit with Coach Lewis for a bit, and we were all surprised by Vish, Kris (last name), and Suzette (last name) coming, too.

This morning, I was invited to go watch Daryl reffing at the State Volleyball Tournament’s second day of matches.  It was special to be able to see him working in his element.  He did a great job!

That’s why I am tired.  I have been going, going, and going, and I haven’t gotten sufficient rest sleeping in these different spots (Emily’s house most of the week and Joe and Tammy’s last night).  I am not complaining, but sleepy tears are forming in my right eye as I write this.  It’s just a fact.  Yawn.


On to golf…


I went to the range at Pine Creek on Tuesday morning, because the weather was awesome.  It was a high of 72º that day, but it was gusty.  I had some success, and I was continuing my work on making consistent divots.  I have been shanking more than I ever have lately, so I was trying to correct that, too.  I am glad that I went, and I think I figured it out.  Despite the surface on the range being very uneven on some swings (I felt like I had a downhill lie often), I had some really good strikes.

I am working with the man himself, Tom Wishon, via e-mail to build my new set of irons.  Surprisingly, it’s been very difficult.  He is very technical, so he has asked many questions.  Some of them I don’t know the answers.  To make things a bit more complicated, I asked about replacement irons for my current Sterling set.  I lost my 5-iron and my pitching wedge is really beat up, and he happened to have a brand new 5-iron and a gently used pitching wedge to replace them.  I told him I don’t want grips put on those (I still have two Graves Academy grips left), but our lines must have gotten crossed somehow, so he wants clarification on whether I want grips, no grips, or mid-size grips on those.  I don’t want any grips on those two clubs, but I do want mid-size grips on the new set.  It’s been a little frustrating, so I didn’t answer him today, and I am thinking of just visiting his facility this Wednesday after my cardiologist appointment at 8:00 AM.  I will decide tomorrow, though.  I am going to try to catch up on some sleep.


Until next time…

No comments: