Wednesday, January 31, 2024

First Time With My New Irons

Written on 11-29-23.

        I tried out four of my new clubs for the first time today, and they were all marvelous.  I used my gap wedge, pitching wedge, 9-iron, and 8-iron on my personal driving range.  I did some swing fast, stop quick swings with the gap wedge.  Then I did some experimenting with different grips the rest of the time.  I had done a Ryp Stick workout just before I tried them, so I was warmed up despite it being cold outside.  It was supposed to snow today, but nothing came.

The new grip I adopted allowed me to keep my right hand over the ball better with my wrist bent back.  I just didn’t do an overlock like I normally do; I used a baseball grip.  When I took videos of my swing with that grip, I was more on plane.  I would love to have that transfer to the course.  If it’s nice enough, I might go play tomorrow, but it looks like it will only be 41º for the high.  Brrrrr.  Here’s hoping the sun will come out.


Until next time…

No comments: