Saturday, March 23, 2024

Hmmm, I'm a Positive Guy. Who knew?

Written on 2-17-24.

      B and I came up to the cabin at Vallecito for the long Presidents’ Day weekend yesterday.  Kody is sitting next to me in the dining/family area just staring out the window, and the fireplace is humming in the background.  We just had lunch at the Woodfire Grill, and it was yummy.  We shared a small Supreme Pizza and had two side salads.  Their pizza is really delicious, and I can honestly say I haven’t had a bad meal there.  It’s expensive, but it’s worth it.

Amanda and Eric are flying home from the Cayman Islands, and James and Casey will fly home from Florida later tonight.  Danielle survived her first week at the Albuquerque Fire Academy.  B survived her week with parent-teacher conferences, too.  I have two more visits left for my work this year, and I go to Albuquerque for the SIP Gathering this Friday, too.  Maybe I will have...

my contract extended.  I will ask Zaira or Camille for an update on that on Friday.  

Belinda decided to take a day and come with me to Albuquerque, and I am thrilled about that.  She can’t stay away from her babies, and I am excited to see James and our Dani-girl, also.  She is going through something incredibly difficult, and we are as proud as we are anxious.  Hopefully, she will survive next week, too!


On to golf…


I am excited to start playing again for the new season, and I get started this Monday, Presidents’ Day.  Greg invited me to play at Pinon Hills, and our tee time is set for 12:30.  I will pay for my new membership on that day, and I will show up early, so I can warm up at the range.  That will be my first round with my new Arccos sensors, too.  I need to activate my account before then.

Looking at my “Seven Essentials,” I see my two weakest essentials are nutrition and mental training.  I can start on those right away.  I can set aside time every day for mental training.  I can include visualizing myself using My54’s throughout the round.  I can start eating healthier during the weeks when I am at home and doing better on the weekends, or when I am on the road, like this trip.  No pizza for me after this.

For the next assignment in 7 Strokes in 7 Days, she asks me to write down eight things about myself as they relate to my golf game.  Don’t think, just write them.


1. I am an exemplary and confident putter.

2. My short game can be incredible, but sometimes not so incredible.

3. I used to be able to bomb my driver, but I have lost distance in the past few years.

4. I play so much better when I am confident on the inside.

5. I still enjoy playing golf and the prospect of improvement. 

6. I can play well, and my score may not reflect that.

7. I am a very mellow golfer.  Not much rattles me.

8. My ball striking has improved since I went away from the single plane swing.


Overall, my list has positive statements, and that was her point.  Many people have a negative outlook on their games.

No comments: