Monday, March 25, 2024

I am Arccos Enabled

Written on 2-18-24.

      I just started my Arccos membership, and I quickly added a reminder to cancel it in February of 2025.  Otherwise, it will charge me $155 for another year.  

It was fun getting all the sensors synced with the app, and I look forward to trying them out tomorrow.  I will also pay for another membership at Pinon Hills tomorrow.  


Until next time…


Written on 2-25-24.


I am watching the Mexico Open at Vidanta on NBC on a Sunday afternoon.  It looks like it’s coming down to a battle between two golfers: Knapp and Valimaki.  Jake Knapp has a golf swing that mirrors Fred Couples, one of the announcers just commented.  

I just laced up my new cloudy gray Skechers golf shoes, and my plan is to...

break them in before I walk 18 holes.  I chose a spikeless shoe this time, and they were the only pair in the Skechers Store at the Winrock Mall in Albuquerque yesterday.  I felt fortunate to get them.  They are very comfortable, but we will see how my feet feel after I walk Pinon Hills for the first time.

I played my first round with my new irons and the Arccos sensors.  I did it correctly, too, but I didn’t play well.  In other words, I figured out how to use them correctly, and I managed to get the data after the round.  Greg asked me to play with him, so we went out on Monday.  I also paid for my new membership for 2024.  I chose to do the “restricted” again, because I don’t like playing there on the weekends; it’s just too crowded and slow.  My membership cost around $682.00.

I did go early, and I did warm up, but my driver wasn’t working so well, especially at the beginning of the round. That showed up on the Arccos data afterwards.  I would hit the top of the ball, and it would dribble off to the left.

Greg played well enough to break 100, and that was his goal.  He shot a 96.  I shot a 104, but I was happy that my driving on the back nine improved.  I put the ball a bit farther up in my stance, and I stayed well behind it during my swing.  That gave me quite a bit of power, but my drives would go left a bit, also.  I was relieved to make solid contact!  

I had my best drive on hole #17.  The tee markers were up, but I smashed one past the bunkers on the left side.  From there, it took a bounce off the downhill slope and stopped at a point between 280 and 300 yards away.  I was able to brag about it to Melton after the round.

Melton and I met up in the parking lot, and he told me he had just shot a 70.  He said he had five birdies.  Good grief.  He had a new electric cart that he loved, too.  It could be switched over to manual with a flip of a switch.  It had two wings on it for the logo, but I don’t remember the company.  It was super to see him.  Maybe someday, I will shoot a 70.  Maybe someday, I will have a cool electric cart like that, too.    

Here is what the Arccos app said about my round.  I could work on approaches from 100-150 yards, 25-50 yard chip shots, and driving.  The driving part wasn’t a surprise.

My 50’+ putts were good, as well as 50-100 yard approaches.  Surprisingly my 200+ yard approaches were a strength, too.  Hmmmm.  That’s cool.

We played the front nine with a guy named Grant.  He said he lived in Aztec, and he was a horse trainer.  He did know who Tami Reed was.  He was cordial and quiet.  Unfortunately, we didn’t get to say goodbye.  He left when we were making the turn, and we stopped to grab a green chili cheeseburger that we shared.  I got to see Ed and Anna Strauss, too, and I introduced them to Greg.  We didn’t talk long, because we were in a hurry to go off the back, though.  When we got to the 10th tee, Grant was gone.

No comments: