Monday, September 20, 2010

Qwest Frustrations and Thousand Foot Krutch Fun

I apologize again that this post is dated earlier, but now that school has started, I've been busy.  This post gives another reason for a delay in posts, too.

9-6-10

   I can’t believe it’s Labor Day, and we still do not have the new internet.  I am disappointed with Qwest.  We called beforehand to make sure the transition would be quick and easy, but alas, it was of no use.  I was told that getting a cancellation number from Earthlink would really help speed up the process.  It didn’t.  I don’t even remember what the excuses were this time, but we won’t have internet now until maybe tomorrow, or probably Wednesday. 
   I’ve been okay with it except for the blog.
  I am used to posting more regularly, at least every few days, but I have not been able to do that.  The family’s not been happy.  We are accustomed to having our internet at home.  Sure, we can go to our schools if we really need to, but it’s very convenient to have it at home. 
   James and I are heading to Albuquerque to spend the day at Cliff’s.  Thousand Foot Krutch is playing there tonight, and this will be the second time we will see them in concert together.  The last time was phenomenal.  I had not been to a concert (besides Eddy Raven, Alabama, and Phil Vassar, all country bands I went more for Belinda than myself) since the eighties.  Back then, I saw Asia, Journey, E.L.O., and Bryan Adams.  I also remember Red Rider and Pat Benetar. 
   Now I am 43, so I brought my earplugs.  We have a ticket for unlimited rides today, too, so I hope I don’t have to wretch before, during, or after the concert.  They are a great concert band.  I feel safe with my earplugs in, and I enjoy most of their songs.  I remember feeling the vibrations in my chest last time.  It’s going to be fun!
   I’m going to write about Hunter’s Run now.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to pull tidbits from what I’m about to write for my next article. 
            I went to Hunter’s Run again after more than ten years.  Bruce and I had talked about playing it, but we never did.  Eric and I talked about it, but we also never did.

1 comment:

Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm just now reading this...and remembering your story about flying grapes at a concert. :)

I hope you guys had fun!