Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Few More Details

9-20-11
    Okay, it has been way too long since I have written, at least by my standards.  I have a ton of stuff to say, so here I go.
    I played with Bruce a couple of weekends ago.  We played the Bogey Man, and the goal was to allow no more than +2 on the front, and no more than +4 on the round overall.   It was Labor Day, I believe.  Bruce kept score this time, so the date was not written down, but that’s right; it was Labor Day.  He had played with C.J. earlier that weekend, but C.J. chose not to come this time because Bruce said his back was hurting.  Since the surgery, I still haven’t played with C.J. yet.  Hopefully soon.
    I got a few more details from Bruce about his part in the “clubs in the irrigation ditch” adventure.  First...
he told me that it was the driver that he saw floating out towards the bridge first, and then the 3-wood.  So, my club selection recollection was incorrect.  He also said his biggest dilemma was how could he turn a golf bag upside right without a. falling in himself, and b. without losing any of the irons that would more than likely not float like the driver and the 3-wood had.  Somehow, he figured it out, but he is a great mathematician/problem solver after all.  I wish I could have been there, but if I had been, would it have even happened?  And if I was there, C.J. would not have been able to call me and cheer me up like he did that one morning I was still recovering in my bed at home.  Things happen (or they don’t) for a reason.

No comments: