Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"The" Masters Trip, A Quick Entry Before the Rest Begin

Written on 4-8-12
 
    On the flight back to Durango.  One hour to write, and then it’s back to reality tomorrow.
    So, Bubba Watson is the Masters champ for 2012! This was my first, and hopefully not my last, trip to this tournament.  He won on the second play-off hole with a par to Oosthuizen’s bogey.  It wasn't until I got off the plane in Denver that I could find out who had won, and then I got to see "the" shot that won it for him in the play-off on t.v. at D.I.A. a few times.  Amazing!  I took many notes while I was there, so I will get to those later, but my first impressions were great, just fine.  I’m glad I went, and I’m thankful Guy invited me. 
    I’m tired, though.  We played an extra eighteen holes this morning in a rush.  One of the highlights was my winning two free rounds (one for Guy and one for me) by hitting the green on hole #6 at the Hickory Knob Golf Course.  The free rounds would have expired in March of next year, so we decided to just go out and use them this morning instead.  So, I got to play 36 holes of golf with my brother and spend a day at the Masters on “moving day.”  Not a bad weekend at all.  Still working on my Golf Digest entry.  Spent much of my writing time working on that.  Close to done.

More to come about the Masters experience...

No comments: