Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Cold is a Bummer

9-1-12
   
    I’m sick.  I have a cold, a bad one.  I feel so tired that I don’t even feel like writing.  That’s bad. 
    When the family was here, Guy and I got to play eighteen together with Mom and Dad following along in their own cart.  It turned out that Shylah and Annmarie chose not come along.  Shylah changed her mind, so Annmarie stayed with her at home.  That was a bummer, because I was looking forward to showing Shylah some things about golf.  I had also procured a sweet set of lefty clubs for Annmarie from Chris.  Despite their not being able to go, it was still dreamlike.  I have video proof that it happened on my iPod, though.  It made me realize how infrequently Guy has been here, but that makes sense since most of the times they come this way, they go to Lakewood.

9-9-12

    I am feeling better now.  The cold is mostly gone.  I still cough, but it happens infrequently, and I am not coughing anything loose anymore.  Phew!  Having a cold makes things so difficult.  Mostly, it’s the lack of energy that makes it so awful, especially when things must get done.  Nyquil helps me sleep, so that’s not an issue.
    Well, I wasn’t sick when my family was here, and it was a glorious day on the golf course.  I shot an 85 and earned two birdies, but the best part was the time spent with Mom, Dad, and Guy on my home course.  It was surreal at times, but like I said above I made sure to take some video on my iPod to check later and see if it really happened.
    During that round, I scored two birdies, both on par fives, and this is how they played out.

No comments: