Thursday, February 28, 2013

Good Brain = More Golf!

It's All Good and Ready for More Golf!
    We are at exactly a year and seven months since my meningioma surgery now.  This will be a quick update.  I had an MRI again at a little over the year and a half mark (scheduling glitch) on Monday evening of this week.  Then I had both my regular physical with Dr. Lavengood in the AM and the MRI follow-up appointment with Dr. Maurin in the PM on Tuesday (scheduling serendipity). 
    In short, I am healthy and so is my brain.  It’s still all good.  I won’t need to return for another MRI for two years, unless a problem arises, and I doubt that will happen.  Dr. Maurin said they don’t even schedule appointments that far in advance.  Nice.
    Driving home, I discovered it had been weighing on me.  A song came on the radio and my eyes welled up with happy tears; I got a wee bit emotional, but nothing major. 
    The song on the radio was Take a Picture by Filter.  I’ve always thought this was a strange song, but I’ve always liked the way it sounds.  I can understand how he can be awake on his airplane, but why is his skin bare?  Weird. 
    Anyway, I do like the lyrics when he sings about feeling like a newborn and feeling so real, and I also like the part where he says, “Could everyone agree that no one should be left alone?” 
    Somehow, those words rang true on my ride home.  I too felt like a newborn after hearing the good news, and I certainly agree that no one should be left alone.  Thank you again, all of you, who never left me alone when I needed you the most.

No comments: