Monday, October 28, 2013

I Am Mike Wazowski

    So, I never checked the scores after day one.  I figured it didn’t matter, and I really didn’t want to know anyway.  I knew I must have been in pretty good shape, though, since I was teeing off with the second to last group of the entire tournament.
    When it was all over, I knew I hadn’t won or come even close.  Greg had played better on day two.  Daniel and Terry had played better on day one, both shooting an 83.  When I looked, though, I was pleasantly surprised. 
    I had what I will call my “Mike Wazowski” moment.  Although I had not placed, or was even close to the winning score of 153 with my 175, I realized I was in the Championship Flight.  I have never been in the Championship Flight before...ever. 
    So, when Mike Wazowski sees himself on the cover of a magazine, and his face is covered with the Monsters Inc. logo, and when everyone is looking at him in a forlorn way, and they are getting ready to tell him how sorry they are, and then when he starts to say something that sounds like he is going to be angry or sad because his face is covered, and he says instead, “I’m...on..the cover of a magazine!” 
    Well, that’s how I reacted.
    Although, I said, “I’m...in..the Championship Flight!”

No comments: