Saturday, December 7, 2013

24th Excerpt From My Original Golf Dairy-Inspiring Stuff

    I like this one too where he writes about his teacher Jack Grout.  
    He said, “Jack Grout was the most fortunate thing that ever happened to me (thing?) in terms of golf, and the reason was that he would not, under any circumstances, allow me to get really down on myself. In this respect he was relentless.  ‘Come on, Jackie boy,’ he’d urge and exhort me, ‘you’ll get it, stay with it, keep at it.  You’re the best, Jackie boy, you’ve beaten ‘em all before and you’ll beat ‘em all again.  Okay, you lost it for a while, but forget that, put it out of your head.  It’s another day, and there’s another tournament coming up.  Now, let’s get out there and go to work.  Come on, let’s go hit some balls, there isn’t any time to waste.  Now, don’t you forget, it’s right there inside of you and we’re going to find it.  Jackie, young fella, you’re going to be unbeatable… you hear me… Un-beat-able! Now, let’s get out there and start playing some real golf.”
   
    Wow, I get inspired just reading it and typing it here.  I think I’ll turn Jack Grout’s voice into my own inside voice.  I can hear the guy who played Rudy in the movie Rudy saying those words up on that little stool in the Notre Dame locker room, “We’re going to get out there and win, win, WIN!”  Inspiring stuff!

No comments: