Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25th Excerpt From My Original Golf Diary-Adam Vincent

    The post below was written just before school got out twelve years ago.  Back here in the present, we are just three days away from school getting out for Christmas vacation.  The biggest news I see from this post is that I was able to see Adam Vincent soon after his birth.  We have kept in touch with Colin and Trish throughout the years, so this was a pleasant surprise to read.
    I have begun a project I hope to have finished by the end of the upcoming break.  I am starting an official record of how many birdies and eagles I've acquired over the course of all these years and journals.  I will post it here once I get it all figured out and finished, of course.  

Written on 5-29-01.

    I just got back from Lakewood yesterday.  I went with James and Danielle to visit over Memorial Day Weekend.  Belinda stayed behind to visit with her mother who came up from Phoenix.  Curt was able to get us all free tickets into the World Arena in Colorado Springs to see the United States play Brazil for mens’ Olympic volleyball.  It was fun.  

    Brazil embarrassed the U.S.A. in three quick games, and it wasn’t a very exciting match.  I did get some stuff autographed for Spike Doctor, though.  I also got to see Colin and Trish’s new baby, Adam Vincent.  We also saw the movie Shrek.  Everyone really enjoyed it.  It was a great weekend, but...
I am exhausted.  We stayed up late (until 2:30) Sunday night playing Sequence.  Tomorrow is the last day of school, and I can’t believe it.  I still have a lot of work to do, which makes me even more tired just thinking about it. 
    I got to play golf, too!  Sunday morning I played with Guy and AM and Daryl, who tagged along with me in my cart.  I played really well, and Guy played pretty well, too.  AM couldn’t do a full swing because of her knee.  She was supposed to have her operation today.  She would just pitch, chip, and putt when we got close to the greens.  It started with a par and I followed that with a birdie!  That is my second one for the year 2001 and it is described below.  I scored 76, and I wish par was 72 but it was a short course with only four par fours which were all pretty short, and the rest were all par threes.  Par for this course, Foothills Golf Course-the Executive Course, was 62.  That put me at only 14 over.  If that was my score on a “real” course, I would have broken 90!  By four strokes!  I drove well, my course management was very good, and my short game was pretty strong all morning long.  I earned seven pars and the one birdie.  I also scored six bogeys. The rest were, well higher, but only one hole was really bad, a seven on hole #1, which was a par four.  I was especially proud that I was able to get “back on track” after that hole.

No comments: