Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy 2014!

Written on 1-9-14.

    Well, hello 2014. Happy to be here after all that brain surgery stuff that took place a while back.  It will be three years this June.  I checked the Caring Bridge web site recently.  It’s up to almost 10,000 views now, so somebody’s reading it.  Don’t know who, though.  That was some of my best writing, in my opinion, but the material was excellent fodder.  Not like this diary/journal, although it does have a drama all its own. 
    I’m still writing in here.  What is the deal?  It started out as a way of just keeping my confidence up while learning how to play golf.  It still is.  After all, I am still learning.  The truth is, I enjoy it, the writing.  I have found an unlimited amount of writing material here. 
    Another great side effect of the writing, so to speak, was the recording of our lives since 1999.  It only shows up every once in a while, between the descriptions of games and birdies that take place on the various golf courses I play, but, they are written down, recorded for all eternity, and I am so glad for that.
    Speaking of non-golf related material, here’s a slice...

    Belinda, Danielle, Pikachu and I are watching Parenthood on our new living room furniture.  We have five places for reclining on this incredible FlexSteel set, and we are using three of them right now.  I just told B that part of the reason this set is so wonderful is because we hated the last set so immensely.  Pikachu is finding great comfort on one of the multi-colored cushions we picked out to match the quilt.  She’s on the jazzberry jam-colored one right now, just to my left, front paws curled up under her chest.  Comfy!
    Time for bed now.  The episode’s over.  We’re talking about marriage, and how it’s going downhill.  Not ours!  Joel and Julia are fighting on the show right now, so it was a conversation starter. 
    Next time I write, I have three brand new birdies to record for the new year.  I played the back nine at Hidden Valley all by myself, and I got birdies on #11, #14, and #16.  Cool!  I just figured out that it was one par four, one par five, and one par three.

Until next time...

No comments: