Sunday, December 28, 2014

Change is Good, Though

    Bruce, C.J., and I did play nine holes earlier this month.  Bruce’s strong play helped us to a score of +2, a much better score than we all expected.  My game was rough.  I had five out of six excellent drives, but my iron shots included some of those dreaded shanks again, and my chipping and putting were not where I expect them to be.  I do hope that I play better when we play our final 18 holes.
    These past five to six months have been crazy with big changes similar to the closing of the golf course.  Let’s see.  Oh, Belinda and I both told our principals before the break that we were going to retire from public school education at the end of this year.  I’ve worked very hard to get trainings as a Time to Teach consultant.  The children have left home.  That change alone was one of the biggest, and we all felt it the weekend we took the children to school.  James cried in his bedroom, his way of saying goodbye to his childhood.  His room was devoid of furniture because he was taking it to his house in college.  The finality of their childhood years was felt by all of us that weekend.  Ouch!  My heart hurts again just writing about it here.  Change is good, though.  We grow from change, and it’s almost always in a positive way.

No comments: