Friday, December 26, 2014

Say It Ain't So!

Written on 12-24-14.   

    So, our Hidden Vally Golf Course is closing.  It’s just not working out.  They probably lost a ton of money this past season (remember the bumpy, putt and pray greens?), and they may have been steadily losing money for years.  Who knows?  Someone knows.  I heard the water is the most expensive part, and that’s what did them in.  I am betting that Tom knew it was going to close, and that’s why he found work in Florida.  I also heard (from an unnamed source) that one of the owners was fed up with putting money into it and not getting any help from the other owners.  C.J. is working hard to get the city to take over.  We’ll see what happens with that.  I am willing to help with that in any way possible.  I know the city manager likes to take his family to play golf there, so that might help. 
    The pro shop looks barren.  Pictures are taken down.  The kitchen is empty.  It’s surreal.  It’s been thirteen years.  Bruce, C.J., Eric, and I plan on playing 18 holes one last time before the doors are closed for good on December 31st.  I know they are playing today, despite the high temp of just 38 degrees.  Eric is unable to swing a club since he recently had shoulder surgery, but he still wants to go what might be the last time.  He’ll chip and putt and just hang out with us.

No comments: