Saturday, January 31, 2015

City of Aztec Considers Leasing Hidden Valley Golf Course

     I really want to end this month with four posts, so I am adding this extra one.  I should be going to sleep as I am leaving for Las Vegas, NM tomorrow at 3:00 with my teacher buddies for part 2 of a Reads to Lead training.  And, that is right during the Superbowl celebration.  Good thing the Broncos aren't playing in it again this year.  
     It's important I get this in here, though. Below is the info leading up to the meeting about our city's possible lease of our beloved Hidden Valley Golf Course. 
     I will start with the e-mail that C.J. forwarded to me telling of the meeting.

From: cj spence 
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 1:10 PM
To: Swope, Patrick
Subject: golf course

Pat, this from Josh Ray this morning!


Good afternoon Mr. Spence.

I wanted to let you know that the City has made...

an offer to manage the golf course.

City Commission will meet on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. in City Hall to discuss this issue.

If you would like to come to meeting and share your thoughts, I encourage you to attend.

In addition, if you have anyone else that would like to come and either express concern or support, please pass the word.

I hope we can make this work.

Thanks!

Joshua W. Ray, ICMA-CM
City Manager
City of Aztec


    Now, I'll add my notes from the meeting itself.

21 rds. Low time
47 rds. High time

Course maintenance issue

Maintain equipment issue

She is for it!

No pro?

2 year lease
After 1, go or no go

Feb. 10 or 15 start?

Sally wants past financials

Level of staffing a question

Benefits for superintendent and one administrator
     
    Okay, even though I have a cold, I will sleep better knowing I was able to at least post four times this month.  Phew!  Oh, and I barely beat C.J. in that match play round at Pinon Hills on the back nine.  He made an incredibly long putt for par on #17 to extend the match, but he then missed a little knee-knocker from about three feet on #18 to tie me, so I ended up winning two up.  He, however, beat another one of his playing partners in a different match after losing the first four holes and then winning the next five, also on the back nine at Pinon Hills, and shooting a 42, a much better score than when I played against him during our match.  
Until next month... 
 
 

No comments: