Saturday, May 16, 2015

Three Prepare to Fly From the Nest Again, But One Will Stay

Written on 5-11-15.

    It’s really rare to write on a Monday night, but I chose not to work out, so to help my guilt I am writing instead.  Shame on me, but at least I’m getting something done. 
    Our children are home!  Sadly, it’s only for this week.  On Thursday night, we are all driving to Albuquerque to spend the night and then James flies to New Zealand on Friday.  It’s approximately a 24-hour flight.  He’ll fly to LAX first, and then on to Australia.  After that, it’s one last leg to New Zealand.  What he will be doing is studying abroad.  Not studying a broad, but studying abroad.  I forgot who originally said that, but it’s hilarious.  Knowing James, he’ll be doing both anyway.  He got an internship at...

a company in New Zealand called Creative HQ.  This was another example of James wanting to do something…and then simply doing that thing. 
    Then it will be another summer with the ladies and me.  Poor Danielle.  She plans on working for the YCC again, hopefully as a crew leader this time.  She has her interview tomorrow with the city, and it will be with the same guy I will be working with at the golf course when I become a First Tee coach.  I say poor Danielle because she will be the only one out of our four children who will not flying off somewhere this summer, but she will be making good bank, so I know that will make her happy when her sophomore year starts this fall.  Becca will be going to Costa Rica on a new adventure (learning Spanish in the real world), and Kyle is working on an internship somewhere else, too.  I don’t know where he will end up, but I will write about it as soon as I know.

On to golf…

    Bruce and I played this past Thursday.  C.J. couldn’t join us due to some sore ribs after falling out of a golf cart in Missouri (he’ll be just fine) and Reilly wasn’t feeling well.  The weather was fantastic.  Gentle breezes and comfortable temperatures on a late afternoon in northern New Mexico at the beginning of May.

No comments: