Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Future Looks Bright

     We just had our HUGE "Rewirement Party" at our house yesterday.  I took multiple pictures with my new Canon Elph camera that I earned with bonus points from Scholastic Book Clubs.  It was a great excuse to get everyone's picture taken.  Belinda and I are officially retired from the Aztec Municipal Schools, and we are on to future endeavors.  First, we will head out to Baltimore on this Tuesday, June 2nd for my First Tee training to become a Level 1 coach.  Afterwards, we will stay and visit with Guy, Annmarie, and ShyShay for a few extra nights, and we are even squeezing in a visit with Bev and our cousin Adrienne.  If the future includes my going and doing and/or attending trainings and then staying for some vacation, the future looks so bright, we'll have to wear shades.

Here are the two most recent birdies I have earned...

Aztec Municipal Golf Course-Hole #1-Birdie #15 of 2015

    This drive went well to the right, so far right that it ended up on #5’s fairway.  My 21 degree utility club straightened things out a bit, but my ball ended up...

short and stuck in the thick grass on the hill on the right side of the green.  Although this birdie was weeks later than the last one on this hole, the flag had been moved and then returned to the front right position.  Using my pitching wedge, and more of a body swing vs. a “handsy” swing, I chopped the ball out and landed it left of the cup about 15 feet away.  This putt was downhill and left to right, so I aimed high, found a spot to shoot for, and let it go.  It rolled right in.

Aztec Municipal Golf Course-Hole #2-Birdie #16 of 2015


    Two birdies in a row.  Sweet!  The pin location on this hole was in a real sucker spot.  It was on the bottom left side, daring players to risk the ditch if they wanted to play for the pin.  I chose my 9-iron.  Bruce and I both had shots that were mostly identical.  My 9-iron bounced just short of the green, rolled onto the green, turned left and then stopped past the hole about twelve feet away.  Bruce used his 9-iron, and his did everything almost in the same way, but his ball stopped about fifteen feet away.  Our putts were left-to-righters, but I had the advantage of a read from his putt.  I aimed mine a bit higher and put a little less speed on it than Bruce’s.  It worked, so I earned two birdies in a row on the way to a front nine score of a 41.

No comments: