Saturday, July 29, 2017

Oops! A Short, Funny, Golf Ball Mix-up Story

Also written on 7-2-17.

     So, here’s a funny story that made the remainder of the back nine interesting and different.  On the very next hole, I chose to go for the green, so I teed it higher than usual and gave it a rip.               
     Unfortunately, it popped up, but I had no idea where it went.  I looked up, but I saw only blue sky.  I chose to assume it went in the water, so I took a drop and finished with an ugly double bogey.  Yuck!
     On the next hole, the new #16, I chose to go for the green again.  I have been trying, with no successful results yet, to drive the triangular area between the ditch and the “pond,” where the trees are.  My goal is to get it to land in that area and hop forward onto the grass next to the green.  
     A guy was trimming the tall grasses along the ditch near the bridge that goes over the ditch.  I waved, and he nodded, so I teed off.  The ball flew over his head, and it looked as if it would fade all the way to the rough circular area that is past the fairway and next to the new hole #17.  However, I never saw it land.
     When I got near him, I saw my ball on the fairway, though.  I thought it had gone much farther than that, but I was happy it wasn’t in the rough.         From there, I got up and in for a birdie!  When I pulled it from the hole, however, I noticed it was one of my older Bridgestone e6 golf balls, and I knew I had teed off with one of the newer ones.  The old ones have a bigger arrow for lining up putts.  Hmmmmm.  Then it dawned on me what had just happened.
     I had just played the ball that I couldn’t find from the hole before, and that means I had also played the wrong ball on hole #16.  Oh well.  No official score or birdie for the back for me.


Until next time…

No comments: