Tuesday, March 26, 2019

MLK Jr. Day in Mancos


Written on 1-19-19.

     We (A, B, E, and I) are back at the cabin home on a glorious Saturday morning.  It’s a winter wonderland here on this MLK Jr. Day weekend.  It snowed so much that one of the plow guys said we had more snow this month than all of last season.  Wow!  Eric is out driving his jeep with its blade to clear the roads some more.  He and the twins went out for a hike to the main intersection this morning, and the twins are about to go snowshoeing.  Now, Misty and I are alone in the living room (Kody was allowed to go with the girls, but it’s too much snow for the older Misty), the fire is going, and I can see water dripping off the roof.  The Beatles’ song While My Guitar Gently Weeps is playing on my MacBook Pro, and all is right and wonderful in our little world here.  Life is great while my keyboard gently writes.
     To catch up from my last entry, I did finalize my official birdie and eagle count, and after nearly 20 years of golf, I have 511 birdies and 24 eagles.  Not bad.  I plan on stepping down from The First Tee this summer, so I should have even more time to play golf and earn even more.  
     I just saw Eric drive by, and I thought to myself that he is doing something I can’t do well, and I am doing something he can’t do well.  I would struggle to plow the roads without getting stuck, and he would struggle to just sit down and write by the fire.  
Frances (last name) has asked me to be the co-director for the upcoming summer institute, and I honestly don’t know if I’ll do it.  I just had my first invitational for Time to Teach, and despite having 17 participants, it went really well.  Some were forced to be there, or “voluntold,” but they all applauded at the end, and the evaluations were all very complimentary with high scores and kind words.  We shall now see if it will result in some other trainings, because the whole idea behind an invitational is to do paid advertising/marketing.  I know that there is no way I would have had 17 participants if I had not convinced Chris, the human resource guy from Farmington, to put it out to the entire staff of the Farmington School District. Thank you, Chris!  What I am trying to say is things are going really well, and it would be really nice to have a break this summer to just play.  It will be a gradual stepping away from The First Tee for me.
     My guilty side worries about not helping out with the summer invitational when I should, and that if I did help out, I would come full circle after the brain surgery.  Hmmm.  I asked Frances to give me some time to think about it, and she graciously agreed, of course.  I will continue to ponder this quandary.  
     Okay, everyone is back after a short time, so I am going to stop for now.  It wasn’t as much time to write as I hoped, but I’ll take it.

Until next time…

No comments: