Sunday, March 17, 2019

Late Start to the New Year-A Generous Gift


Written on 1-12-19.

     Well, here I go again.  It’s time for another golf journal, and this one has some significance.  It will be 20 years ago this coming September that I started playing and writing about golf.  It’s going to be a tremendous anniversary!  
     It is 10:43 PM on a Saturday night, and Danielle and B are already in bed, but Kody and I are staying up a bit longer here in the computer room.  He is lying down next to the trash can and the desk, and from my point of view, I can only see his body and not his head.  I hear some deep breaths come out of his body, though, so I know he’s alive.  
     It’s been a busy and eventful day for Belinda and me.  I remembered to ask for and recover the $600.00 from American Home Furnishings after the 5-year period of the warranty ended on our living room set.  Because we never took advantage of any repairs, we were able to receive that amount to spend in their store, so that’s what we did today.  We bought a new sea green bench for our front entry, and it really opened things up, making the entrance look and feel more welcoming, simple, and bright.  
     We also used some of that extra money on a new small end table with pearl white legs and a cloudy gray top that matches our new kitchen flooring for our new Opal Nugget Ice Maker.  It’s found a new home in the corner of our dining room.  No more buying bags of Sonic ice for this guy.  I really enjoy that ice.  
     One other thing we did today was pick out a frame and a matte background for the new painting, Quiet Time, the one we got from Tim Cox.  He’s an artist that Dale worked with and helped.  I wanted Belinda to pick out a print from his work, because she really admired the painting called “Trading Treasures” in Dale’s dining room.  I asked Anna if she wanted to give it to Belinda, but she didn’t want to part with it, so I was fine with that.  I did want to know the artist, though, so we could get our own.  After much deliberation, Belinda chose “Quiet Time.”  It was her Christmas gift from me this year.  
     After I ordered it online, I never received an e-mail confirmation of our order, so I called the next afternoon, and I spoke with Suzy, Tim’s wife.  When she looked up the order, she recognized our name and put it together with the message I had written about why we chose to buy from Tim Cox and how it related to Dale’s daughter, Belinda.  She immediately insisted that we would not pay a thing for it, and she would make sure we got a refund.  She said they regretted not being able to attend his life celebration, and that they greatly respected and liked the man.  
     I cried.  What a generous gift.  It would have only cost a little more than the new ice maker, but it was such a lovely gesture that it really touched both of us, of course.  After hearing the price for the frame, however, we were relieved that we didn’t have to pay for the canvas transfer as well.  The frame cost nearly as much as the transfer.  It’s going to be a fabulous addition to our home when it will be completed later this week.
     Okay, it was a goal to get this journal started, and now I’ve done it.  Now, it’s off to bed for Kody and me.

Until next time…

No comments: