Sunday, January 12, 2020

First Post in 2020!


Written on 12-31-19.

     I’m supposed to be writing letters to my family.  Not just any letters, but really special letters.  Letters for them to read upon my death.  
    No wonder I am procrastinating.  I accidentally told Danielle I was writing them for my To Do List before the new year, and she freaked out.  I shouldn’t have told her, but I just forgot because of the stroke.  
     It’s really because of the stroke that we are so focused on things we need to do in case one of us dies.  Or if both of us die.  It seems morbid, but we are actually preparing gifts, a selfless act.  
     When Belinda was cleaning out Dale’s house, she secretly wished for a goodbye letter…but she never found one, of course.  She knows how much he loved her, but it would have been nice to have a final goodbye.  More closure.  Wasn’t meant to be, and Dale really wasn’t a writer.
     I will get to it right after I finish up here, my last entry in this year’s golf journal.
     Boy, September 25th came and went, and I didn’t..
even notice it.  Probably because of the stroke.  I sure can blame “the stroke” for many things, but I was in the middle of my recovery and really just reeling from what had happened.  It’s a blur, for sure.  
     That was when I started writing all about my golf adventures, September 25th, 1999.  Twenty years of playing golf and writing about it. What an adventure it’s been, too.  I still feel like I’m a 3 handicap, although my scores don’t reflect that.  I like how this journal always helps me to stays focused on the positive, and I look forward to 2020.  The stroke is behind me.  I have nowhere to go but up!
     I have not written yet that I got a new putter for Christmas.  I was looking at some new side steps for the GMC Canyon, or maybe some rocker bars, but in the pressure of the moment (last chance to get something shipped before Christmas), I chose to spontaneously ask for a new putter.  
     I say I asked for it, but that is not really the truth.  We did Christmas in a more “Anderson” way this year.  No secrets.  Order your own gifts yourself.  It was weird, but things are different now that the kids are grown up and out of the house.  Well, sort of with Danielle and her boyfriend, Matt, staying her part of the time between their travels.  They just left this morning after staying here since December 20th.  They will be going to Durango, Pagosa Springs, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, and then San Diego, and they should be back before my birthday.
     My new putter, it’s a beauty.  It’s the S7K Putter, and it’s unique, because it stands up on its own, and that allows for better alignment.  I can get behind the line of the putt before I take my stroke and see if it is lined up correctly.  I have tried it here in my computer room multiple times, and when I line it up correctly, and don’t manipulate it too much during the putting motion, it’s deadly accurate.  
     Of course, putting around in my computer room is quite the far cry from playing on a real course.  It’s just too cold to try it outside now, and I see no end in sight either.  We have highs in the 30’s for the next ten days.  Argh.  I will keep perfecting it at home, though, until it warms up.

Until next year…

No comments: