Saturday, January 18, 2020

Second Post in 2020, How I Will Swing Better This Year


Written on 1-12-2020.

     It’s a Sunday night, and we are getting ready for the week.  Belinda walked the dog, and now she is washing the mud and dirt off his paws in our bathtub as I type this.  He doesn’t like it, but he puts up with it.  We always give him a treat when he is done, though.  I have to be the one to lift him into the tub, because…well…because I am the man.  B could lift him, but why?  
     I have a busy week with work coming up. I go to Gallup to visit Twin Lakes and Lincoln on Wednesday and Thursday, and then we have the PED joining us (Alexis and Abena) on a trip to Newcomb to see Oliver and some other candidates along the way.  They just want to see some of the faces that are tied to the grant.
     I just spoke with James briefly on Messenger Video.  He is at work, but he’s going to see Em tonight. She got back late Saturday, but she has been feeling sick since returning to New Zealand, so he’s going to cheer her up and hopefully make her feel better.
     I just exchanged texts with Danielle, too.  She and Matt are in San Diego visiting his brother.  They are watching The Wedding Singer together, and that’s the way it is when it comes to communicating with the kids.  A short conversation here, and a few abbreviated text messages there.  I’ll take even snippets of conversations here and there, though.  It’s just great to hear from them.

On to golf…

     I set a tee time on Tuesday at...
10:10.  I was finally able to learn how to book a tee time online, or they somehow figured it out and got it going for me.  I set the 10:10 tee time on the phone, but I asked the guy if he wouldn’t mind staying on with me for a bit longer to help me to book tee times online.  This time, it worked!  Now, I can do that from here on out.
I look forward to using my new putter, the S7K, and I plan on bringing it with me to the course tomorrow to practice it for the first time on the practice green after my Project Alpine meeting.  Then I’ll take it out on the course on Tuesday, weather allowing.  It is predicted to have a high of 47 degrees that day, but we shall see.  It might also be breezy, and that could make things even colder.  I hope it will be nice; I’m so sick and tired of the cold weather.
     I’ve noticed something about my new putter.  When I line it up correctly from behind, the way it’s supposed to be used, I notice that my aim appears left of the target when I look at it from above.  I take my stroke anyway, though, and then I nail my target.  I just made five of five in a row from five to eight feet away.  
I am also trying something new and different with my full swing, although I’ve only done it a few times, and not too seriously.  It’s something I can do at home at anytime, and I can do it multiple times, also.  
     I am taking full swings in slow-motion.  I watched a video with Rick Shiels, PGA Golf Professional, who does multiple videos online.  I see his instruction videos all the time on FB and Youtube, and he is really quite good.  He makes great videos.  Very entertaining and informational.  I have only taking three swings in slow-motion at a time, because it is a bit tiresome and difficult, but I believe I will get better.  My left forearm was so sore the first day I tried it, I could only do three…literally.  I had to stop.  
     I am trying to do at least three swings a day, but I am doing them SUPER slowly.  I am focused on hands to the wall with my back swing, like Troy taught me, and then I am also working on the Shot Doctor position with my left hand, too.  I try to clip the "ball" (Pika’s fish taco or Kody’s bald tennis ball) and extend the “divot” after the ball.  I really hope this will increase my consistency on my full swings.
     Okay, enough for now.  It’s almost 10:00, and I have my meeting tomorrow.  

Until next time…

No comments: