Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Raincheck at Civitan

Written on 3-1-2020.

I have my iPad and my wireless keyboard going again, and I am watching the Honda Classic on a Sunday.  I chose not to go to church once more, because I am still getting over the remnants of that cold.  Don’t want to spread it around with the church crowd.  B is away with the “girls” on a vacation, but they are on their way home now.  They stopped in Phoenix to visit with and then gather Kyle, and then they motored down to Ajo to visit Char and Ed.  I am not using the laptop, because Danielle has been borrowing it to do her paperwork for her new job.  It is fun to write using the iPad.  I rarely do that.

On to golf...

I played at Civitan on Friday.  I had a raincheck to use, and the weather was beautiful.  Looking back I should have played at Piñon Hills on Friday with my membership, and then played at Civitan yesterday.  Considering my health, that would have been too much, though.  I was wiped out after playing Civitan, and that was after I played 18 holes there.  Not a real strenuous round.
I played consistently on both nines, and I got better on the second round.  Mostly bogey on the first go-around and mostly pars on the second.  I was figuring out yardages and the full swings on the first nine, and it really showed.  If I missed the green, which was often, I could get it up and in in three shots after that.  
On the second time around, I had six pars and only three bogeys, so I must have figured those full swings and yardages better.  I won’t do a play by play of every hole, but I got those bogeys on holes #1, #5, and #7.  I only hit one green during that round, so my chipping was really consistent.  Often, if I missed a green, though, I was just on the fringe, which made it really easy to get up and in with only two shots.  
On #6, I left my full shot short and my chip shot short, too, but I made the long putt for par from 15 feet.  My new S7K putter worked really well on this second round.  I know it is because I have practiced so much with it.  It also was not windy, so I could use the standing up feature on every hole.  If I lined it up well, I had every confidence it would go in the hole if I put my best stroke on it.

No comments: