Sunday, August 9, 2020

First Step: Are My Clubs Correct for a Single Plane Swing?

Written on 6-7-2020.


It has dawned on me that I need to figure out if my clubs are fitted to the single plane swing.  I talked about the grips above, but I wondered about the rest of the clubs, too.  I am watching a video from Moe Norman Golf about the importance of club fitting.  What about single length?  Steel or graphite?  Are my lie angles and lofts correct?  I am listening to find out.

The person talking about club fitting with Todd is saying that graphite is better, so that answers that question.  He says they are easier on the body, more consistent, and they will hit it a little bit farther.  He is saying people don’t like to take divots, because they are afraid of hurting themselves.  I never thought of that.

He is also saying, though, that the two wedges (sand and lob/56 to 60 degrees) need to be forged and with steel shafts.  Forged material is softer, and steel has more weight.

Oh, it’s Tim Graves, Todd’s brother.  Makes sense.  They own the Graves Academy.

        I just submitted my information for a club fitting at moenormangolf.com.  I will wait to see what happens. 

No comments: