Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Continued Christmas Time Writing-Kirkland Wedge No Show

Written on 12-10-21. 

        I have a few updates after reading up on what I wrote before.  The tour of my old high school, Alameda, was super fun.  We got to see Coach Lewis and some other teachers/coaches.  Coach Smith was there, too.  We saw a several classmates, but not as many as I thought we would.  I bought a tumbler and made a donation.  I had just toured Alameda a few years ago for Time to Teach, so it wasn’t so new to me, but I did get to see the changes they had made in the past few years.  They got rid of all of the lockers along the hallway outside of the gym, and that means they above the lockers, because he was an all-state basketball player, and I saw it the last time.  It was the last picture at the end of the hallway, and it looked like someone had thrown a milk carton that exploded on it.  Now, it’s gone.  Soon, the rest of it will be gone, too.  

Coach did let us know they are keeping the gymnasium, and that is a relief.  He boasted that it holds 4,000 people and it’s the largest high school gymnasium in the state.  They are keeping the auditorium, also.  Go, Alameda Pirates!

Christmas dinner was wonderful.  Joe, Tammy, Laura, Christine, and Barry came, and that made it all the more special.  Laura left early, but it was still so good to see her.  The Star Wars Gang was reunited once more, albeit briefly.  Daryl and Katie (and Adi) are expecting their new baby this Wednesday.  Katie sent us pictures of their newly remodeled bathroom today, and it got done just in time.  Her doctor thought it would be better to induce, because the baby girl has a head measurement with a high percentile.

Belinda gave me the new wedges for Christmas, but they have not arrived yet.  She e-mailed to see where they are.  I believe she ordered them directly from Kirkland.  I am excited about getting them, but there is no rush; it is not exactly golf weather here.

Belinda and Danielle are back.  They came much later, but B at least let me know, so I could find dinner.  They toured a home that Eric is looking at, so that is the reason for the delay.  They are snuggled up on the loveseat, and Danielle is looking at a home herself.  She is considering leaving early tomorrow to meet with her realtor and possibly get a tour.  

I haven’t looked at PXG irons, but I have looked at Star Wars trading cards.  The irons can wait, but the trading cards piqued my interest after I saw a video on YouTube.  It went through a list of the original 1977 blue cards, PSA rated at a 10, and the value of each.  I have many of those, but they are nowhere near mint condition, and they would not get such a high rating.  The greatest value was over $7,000.00, so I started looking for lots for sale online.  B really wants me to organize my collection.

No comments: