Sunday, January 30, 2022

Declutter, Declutter, Declutter

Written on 1-18-22.

        I am sitting at our desk in the computer room.  It’s 2:55 in the afternoon, and Amanda just came over to pick up Misty.  She and Eric went to Silverton for a couple of nights for Eric’s 56th birthday.  I turn 55 tomorrow, and it’s Emily’s birthday today, too.  I am not sure how old she is.  I am betting it’s around 26?  She is pregnant with their first child, a boy.  I saw his little face in an ultrasound she sent me with through text.  Adorable!

I am doing a bit of decluttering here…again.  I did this a few years ago, but it’s a constant process.  I am taking inventory of all my Star Wars collectibles for the first time using the Under My Roof App, but I hit the pause button to make more room in the computer room closet for some of the books.  I had a long, plastic tub that held my Star Wars books, but many of the books were huge and heavy, so I could barely get it out of our crawl space.  Even with B’s help, we struggled to get it up to the daylight.

Because I want to keep them out of the crawl space now (no struggling in the future), I am working to find room in the closet, so I’ve done five days of (off and on) work to declutter that.  Good grief!  It’s amazing how much I have gotten rid of, because I know I cleaned it up a few year ago.  It has been mostly papers from the Bisti Writing Project, the Masters program, the dossier, and our older (past seven years) tax files.  We took the tax files to UPS today to have them destroyed.

Now, it’s later in the evening, and we are back from dinner at Red Lobster, a treat for my early birthday.  I usually celebrate my birthday for over a week or so.  We also stopped at Cold Stone, and I am stuffed.  It was creamy delicious, however.  I bought some new shoes at Dick’s, too.  I bought Brooks for the first time at Belinda’s suggestion.  They are very comfortable, but they squeak with my orthotics in them.

On to golf…


The wedge set from Kirkland never arrived, so B has asked for a refund.  The last time I checked, we haven’t heard if we got the refund or not.  Despite not hearing about that, I went ahead and got a new golf bag from TGW (The Golf Warehouse) as my Christmas gift, and I am super satisfied.  I have transferred all of my clubs and stuff over to the new bag, and I put the old Wishon bag with the garage sale items in James’s old room where we are staging stuff for when spring comes. 


Written on 1-29-22.


It’s my 55th birthday!


Until next time...

No comments: