Wednesday, January 19, 2022

End of Year Writing Time-Lots of Returns

Written on 12-10-21.

        I am on hold with REI, but it’s been a long hold.  I wrote that sentence an hour and 30 minutes ago, and I am still holding.  I am actually surprised to still be on hold.  I really don’t have to stay on the line, but I am curious how long can I stay on here before someone answers?  I can be so weird (and stubborn) sometimes.  Anybody else would have hung up an hour and 25 minutes ago.  I really don’t have anything else going on, though, and I have the speaker turned on in case someone answers.  B is visiting in the living room with A, Linda, and Carol.  They came over for a luncheon.


On to golf… (while still holding)


Written on 1-1-22.

Neat date in numbers again.

I got distracted again and didn’t continue writing that day.  Imagine that.

It took me a while to get settled writing here.  I have a couple of hours until Danielle and Belinda come home from Mancos; they went snow-shoeing with Eric and Amanda today.  They are bringing me dinner from Chavolo’s!  I am getting my usual, Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo.  I chose to stay behind to have some downtime after finishing this year’s Prezi.  

I have Star Wars music playing on YouTube on...

our TV in the background, and I am sitting on our large, leather couch near the windows in our living room.  I have the remote nearby for volume control, and I poured an “h2o-range” for hydration.  I also have my new book Secrets of the Force by Edward Gross and Mark A. Altman (a recent Christmas gift from Joe) next to me, if I choose to read a bit.

Sunlight is streaming in sideways and lighting up our blinds.  What else?  Our Christmas tree is still up, but the lights are hard to see.  They are competing with the radiant beams of sunlight streaming in.  I have my phone nearby, and I just used it to let James know I had sent him an e-mail with the link to our new Prezi.  I worked on it off and on for the past four days, and it was a struggle (usually is), but now it is done, and I feel so happy.  It is always worth the difficulties to be able to share the photos and events from each year, and they always make me smile.  When they are done, and when I am gone, they will be a lasting treasure.

Kody is sleeping in the dining room, and from where I am sitting I can only sees his hind legs.  We took a walk, but it is really cold outside.  We kept it brief, and I just heard a contented sigh coming from over there.  Siri said the temperature was 27º when we began our walk, but the wind chill made it much colder than that.  I can still hear the wind blustering over our fireplace exhaust pipe with intermittent bursts.  Brrrrrrrrr.  I will turn the fireplace on soon, I bet.  

Before I really get into my writing, I hung up on REI just a few minutes later after I wrote last time.  I called them back, and I got a representative right away.  I was hoping to exchange the beanie I had bought for Belinda, because the colors did not match the picture on their website.  They made it right by refunding our money and letting us keep the hat.  How refreshing.

We have an unusual amount of returns going on right now, and not all for Christmas.  I sent back two pairs of readers from Abaco.  Belinda chose to send the robe I got her back to Robemart for a different size.  My Fitbit suddenly stopped charging two days ago, so I sent that off yesterday, and I exchanged the pullover I am wearing now, too.  Joe gave it to me for Christmas, and we exchanged it at REI while we were visiting in Lakewood.  Phew.  It’s a relief to know we can get what we want.

No comments: