Monday, February 14, 2011

8th Excerpt From My Golf Diary


Happy Valentine's Day!  

In this excerpt from June of 2000, I write while at Najajo Dam.  A typical scene from my diary includes the twins talking, the kids having fun playing some game together, and Eric off swimming.  This was the first one of many of those scenes.  For golf, I record my eighth birdie ever, too.  It's funny to me that I say I hit my 5-iron from 150 yards.  First, I say "swing" now instead of "hit."  Second, that seems like too much club for 150 yards.  I use my 8-iron from that distance now under "normal" circumstances.  

6-11-00
   We’re at Navajo Dam right now.  Amanda and Eric have their new/used boat and we’re trying it out!  We are all relaxed and having fun.  We wish we had brought dinner, so we could stay longer.Eric’s swimming, the kids are playing on the beach, and the twins are hanging out and talking.  Here are some more good golf memories, including another birdie!

 

Pinon Hills-Hole 2

   Eric and I went to play on a weekday, so nobody was behind us.  It was nice.  I hit a nice drive to the left side of the fairway.  My second shot, with my five-iron, from one hundred fifty yards out landed on the backside of the green six inches or so on the fringe.  The hole was cut close to a slight slope on the green, so I ran the risk of hitting it too far and running it down that hill.  This was the same hole I had made that twenty footer with Barry, the guy I had played with previously.  This was not as long and a little straighter.  The ball hit the pole, rolled all the way around the back and fell in on the front for my eighth birdie!  Eric saw it, and it’s so nice to have a witness.

No comments: