Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MLK Jr. Weekend-Happy 75th, Dad!

1-14-11

    We are headed to Lakewood for Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.  The plan is to celebrate my father’s birthday, his 75th birthday, the one we missed because we went on a cruise instead of going to Lakewood for Christmas last year.  Dad’s birthday is really December 28th.  We have a surprise guest on the way, too...Guy is coming!  Now, that’s the shocker, and that is an added bonus that I did not expect.  He used his miles and will be flying into D.I.A. tomorrow morning at 10:31.  We are going to surprise the folks.  My family will pretend we are going shopping, but we will go pick up Guy instead.  Belinda is already picturing my mother crying when he walks in the door.
    I’ve called Joe, and my hope is that he and Anne can come over tomorrow night for the small celebration.  He is hard to get a hold of sometimes.  I call, but he doesn’t check his voicemail often enough.  I should text or e-mail instead, but I called Anne, too, and she called back right away.  They had a prior engagement, but because of somebody getting Strep, it was cancelled, so they will be coming.
    I have to go now.  Danielle has been driving for five hours on this trip, and she is ready for a break.  We are stopping in Jefferson to switch drivers.

No comments: