Monday, May 7, 2012

The Masters in the Afternoon

    I've been out of the loop for a little while since it was Screen Free Week last week.  I did really well up until Saturday night when we went to the new movie The Avengers.  Danielle asked what I was doing there, and then she reminded me I wasn't supposed to be watching any screens.  Oops!  I have wanted to post, but I have postponed it until now. So, some big news recently.  In golf, Bruce posted a 66 one day when playing with C.J.  He had two eagles, one on #14 and one on #18!  Holy cow!  Second, James qualified for state in the 110 hurdles!  Wow!  Plenty of other news, but I can fill in all the details later.  Meanwhile, here is some more from my one day at The Masters... 

4-25-12
    I am finished with my jury duty for this month.  I was only asked to appear once, and that was today.  I appeared, and then...
I was picked to serve.  That’s the fourth time I have served.   My guess is they like teachers.  I dread it, but then when I get there and I am asked to serve, I take it seriously and do my best to do an excellent job.  I listened carefully to the evidence, took notes, and participated.  Other jurors did not.  I am glad it’s done, but I also respect the Constitution and the process.
    On to more golf...

Meanwhile, back at The Masters...

2:42 P.M.-We are still in the stands at hole #16.  McDowell and Snedeker both have great tee shots that please the crowd.  The hole is tucked short and right.  McDowell then lips his birdie putt, but Snedeker makes his!  We all applaud and cheer.  Good plays are greatly rewarded by the crowds here.
    Guy has left to get more food and drink for us.  Why not?  It’s cheap.

4:10 P.M.-I love a parade.  This one suits me.  It involves skilled golfers from all over the world coming by two by two, showing off.
    The shade has returned after a long hiatus.  A bowl shaped spot of sun stuck with us for a long time.  We are tall and we do stick out more than most, but this stubborn u-shaped sun spot would not leave us alone.  Ah, now it’s gone.
    Jacobsen has an incredible up and down from behind the green on #15.  The crowd roars its approval again.  This is fun!
    Guy and I are both confused on a ruling for Justin Rose.  He made a drop way over on the right side of the body of water before #15’s green.  Why did he drop way over there?  We don’t see a drop area there.  Did his ball really come from that direction?  If it did, he must have had a tee shot that was way long and right, too.  Or maybe he drew a ball in that curved over to that side of the water.  We just don’t know, but we do witness him fall out of the running on these two holes.  Poor Justin.
   
4:53 P.M.-We hear the loudest cheer by far when Phil eagles #13 nearby.  It startles me and causes me to gasp.  Everyone around us cheers loudly when it shows up on the scoreboard by #15, too.  Our gallery guy scolds all of us, “Hey, the tee box is the priority, not the scoreboard.”

5:17 P.M.-We witness Hanson take the lead at -7 with a birdie on #15.

No comments: