Friday, October 26, 2012

18th Excerpt From My Original Golf Diary

     In this excerpt from January of 2001, I am inspired.  It's good to have a dream, and this one is big.  This is the first time I mention it, but I know I talk about it more later in greater detail in my journal.  How many American men have had this same dream?  Or at least the thought of this happening for them?  This was written so long ago that I said it was the Senior PGA Tour vs. the Champions Tour as it is known today.    

     I haven’t written it yet, but I have a dream.  I want to become a pro on the Senior PGA Tour.  At thirty-three, almost thirty-four years of age right now, I have about fifteen years or so to get really good and qualify!  It will be my second career!  It’s something I dream about and think about almost every day.  I wish all I could do was practice golf, but I am practical and realistic.  I know it takes time, practice, and patience.  I also realize that God, family, and school come first.  I will do what needs to be done, though.  I will work to get better.  I will do what it takes.       
     I am reading two books right now.  One is My Story, by Jack Nicklaus, and the other is Payne Stewart, by his wife Tracey Stewart.  I will share insights from these two books next time I write.

No comments: