Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Why October is Spooky

     Golf is one of the farthest things from my mind right now.  It turns out I did have strep.  I just finished a round of antibiotics.  Last night, Danielle was extremely sick with a stomach flu that’s been going around.  She came to volleyball practice after staying home (stubborn girl), but she should have just stayed home all day.  Belinda is sick with something, also.  She insists it’s a cold, but I too insisted I had a cold until I got the positive test for strep.  Who knew you could have strep without a fever?  Who knew you could have it without having a screaming sore throat?  I’ve had strep before as an adult and the throat culture caused me to cry because it hurt so badly.  This was nothing compared to that time. 
    Hurricane Sandy ravaged the East coast, so I have been worried about Guy and his family.  Thankfully, we were able to FaceTime the first big night of the storm.  They had minimal tree damage, nothing compared to the devastation in New York or the Jersey shore.  Guy’s family is fine; they had some tree branches fall down.  Shylah missed a couple days of school.
    This week has been busy with volleyball and Halloween.  Yesterday, we played a match at home.  Today, it’s Halloween, so we had the school party stuff going on, and tomorrow we have our last regular season match.  In other words, golf?  What’s golf?  It’s spooky how October can keep me away from the sport I enjoy so much.

No comments: