Wednesday, November 28, 2012

C.J. Putts Out of His Mind


    C.J., I must write, putted out of his mind during the fundraiser tournament.  I have been meaning to get this in here for a long time, but I selfishly wrote about all my birdies and prizes first. 
    During the tournament, except for just a few holes, C.J. and I paired up to finish a hole since Bruce and Reilly felt more comfortable together, and it just worked out better that way.  On many of those holes, I would putt first.  C.J. would then get a read from my putt and then make his. 
    The most memorable one came on...

hole #4, the one where I got the closest to the pin.  My putt was too high and too fast, so C.J. slowed his down and moved it to the left a bit, and it meandered over to the hole and casually dropped in.  He did it on hole #16, also.  It was a C.J. putting clinic, and I was so proud of him and happy for us.  It freed me up even more, as we continued to play because I knew if I didn’t make it, C.J. more than likely would.  C.J. has made some great putts over the years, but this was the best/consistent performance I could remember, and he helped us earn our second place prize.  It was a team effort all around for the four of us.
    I did e-mail C.J. an apology for giving away our “tie” to Bruce and Reilly in our match, too.  His reply was classy as ever, “No biggie...good fun.”
    Okay, that catches me up for the fundraiser, those two birdies on #1, and C.J.’s great putting performance, but I have two new birdies to write about after playing with James yesterday.  We had two putts for eagle on two holes, #5 and #13, so I will get those in here.  Also, I want to write about the parallels between James learning golf and my learning how to play Halo.  The match between Bruce and Reilly and Swopes was much closer than I thought it would be, so I want to write about that, also. 

Until next time...

No comments: