Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Kids are Back in Town, Their Town

Written on 1-12-16.

    Once again I am writing while on a road trip.  Danielle is driving.  I’m sitting behind her, and James is resting in the front passenger seat.  Ocito (Little Bear), Danielle’s and Becca’s hamster is in his cage next to me. 
    I just finished up entering the data from the evaluations of my first ever Time to Teach training.  The reviews were mixed, but mostly positive.  A few things stood out.  First, some  thought it was geared more towards elementary schools.  I told them in the first session that this program was even more effective when implemented in secondary schools, but I guess a couple didn’t see it that way.  Second, they liked me.  I got the majority of the high scores, so that boosts my confidence as I move forward.  I will send the results to Aaron and see what he thinks.  Third, even though I thought it went really well, you can’t please everyone.
    It’s later in the evening now.  We got Danielle to her work meeting on time, and then James and I went to his place to unpack his things and wait until her meeting was over.  Both of their places were freezing.  They’ve since turned on the heat, but as I sit here tapping away, I’m shivering a bit.  We were gone for about an hour to do some shopping at Wal-mart ($50 each) and then go out to dinner at Santorini’s, but it wasn’t long enough to heat it to a comfortable level. 
    Honestly, I got out the laptop to warm up my lap more than to write, but I’m always happy to be writing.  Danielle is returning some snow pants she borrowed from a friend, and it’s taking longer than expected.  Ah, she just walked in, so it’s time to start the movie.  They want to watch Fandango with me, a cult classic and one of my favorites.  It’s more fun to watch when I’m watching and laughing, or so they say.

No comments: