Sunday, February 26, 2017

Here I Go Again!

Written on 2-24-17.

     I am typing with my new wireless keyboard.  I bought it to go with my iPad Mini 2.  I can connect it to three different devices, though, so it’s hooked up to my computer, my iPad Mini, and my iPhone 7.  Not really necessary, but fun!
     Now, I’m typing with the keyboard on my lap whilst my laptop is on one of our living room “trays.”  I am so stuffed up right now.  I’ve taken my Mucinex knock-off medicine twice, but it either doesn’t work, or it’s dealing with so much nose gunk, it can't keep up.  Belinda and Amanda went to Las Cruces without me this weekend, but it’s for the better.  They can have fun being together as twins without one stuffy husband around.  

On to golf…

     I really need to get those two birdies and that latest eagle in here.  I see, according to the scorecard review, that we played on Wednesday, the 8th, and we were taking on the Bogey Man, and it looks like we won.  I am fairly certain we were going to...
win if we got it to one under, and we were able to get it to two under.
     The birdie and the eagle came on the back nine. To make it even cooler, Bruce and I matched each other on these two holes, too.

Aztec Municipal Golf Course-Hole #13-Birdie #1 of 2017

     I didn’t realize until this writing, that this is my first birdie of the year!  Sweet!  I’ve taken too long to write about it, but I am confident I will remember it correctly.  My drive headed out to the right, and it was on a similar line as the really low drive that ended up on the green when I earned a recent eagle on this hole.  This trajectory was better, higher.  My ball was just off the green on the right side, near the middle of the green.  The flag was on the front left side, so I saw that my ball would break downhill and to the left sharply.  I picked somewhere between four and six feet of break, and it worked out nicely, stopping close enough to get an easy tap-in birdie.  Hooray for the first birdie of 2017!

     *I like this new keyboard.  It has very satisfactory clicks.  I can hear the clicks, yet it takes very light taps to get the keys to work. 
Aztec Municipal Golf Course-Hole #14-Eagle #1 of 2017

     The hole was cut in the sweet spot, for sure.  My drive was long and pure, putting my ball in the advantageous position of being in the fairway at 150 yards.  I chose my 8-iron, wanting desperately to get my ball down in the bowl for a tap-in eagle.  I pushed my ball out to the right side of the green, though, so I expected to be chipping.  I was thrilled when I couldn’t find my ball out to the right, however, and got really excited when I saw it down in the bowl, less than ten feet away from the hole.  
     Bruce was short, and his ball was up on the hill that is left and above the green.  I marked my ball for him, just in case, thinking it could have gotten in the way.  Surprisingly, though, his ball went on a different route to get into the hole.  My mark was on the left side, but his ball came in from the right.
     I high-fived him for his eagle, and I was really hoping I could match it with my putt.  His chip was spectacular, no doubt, but an eagle is an eagle.  My putt was tricky.  I didn’t know if it would break right or left, and so I played it straight.  When it left my putterhead, I thought it would not have enough speed, but it trickled in at the last moment.  Yeah!  My first eagle of the year!


     I will finish up with that last birdie tomorrow.  I need to go to bed.  Good night for now.

No comments: