Saturday, December 30, 2017

Merry Christmas Eve!

Written on 12-24-17.

     Merry Christmas Eve!  It’s been nearly a month since I last wrote in here, but we’ve been amazingly, atypically, and incredibly busy this month.  I had work, of course, but things really picked up when James arrived for his vacation here in the states.  He goes back to Wellington on January 2nd, and that date is fast approaching.  Sigh.  It’s been wonderful, though, of course.  He was able to surprise Kyle at his graduation, but it didn’t turn out the way we had hoped.  He was going to come into Becca’s living room, tag Kyle, and say, “Tag, you’re it.”
     Instead, Kyle burst in and caught James and Danielle horsing around, so James immediately ran back to Becca’s bedroom where he told me that Kyle had just looked right into his eyes.  How could he not recognize that it was James?  When I walked out to greet Kyle, he asked me if Justin had just run back there.  I said I had no idea, so Kyle went back to see who it was.  I failed at stopping him, so he charged into Becca’s bedroom to find his cousin.  After that, there was much rejoicing.
     We also went up to Lakewood to have our Swope Family Christmas, our Joe Christmas, and our Star Wars reunion at a showing of The Last Jedi.  That was super fun!  We had our yummy Christmas and birthday celebration at the White Fence Farm again, and there was more rejoicing.  This celebration was marked by Belinda’s 50th birthday, and it was a bit sad to not have Theresa with us this time.  Bev was so thoughtful, however, to include gum with each of her gifts to Dad, Belinda, and ShyShay.
     On another entirely sad and devastating note, our little town of Aztec was rocked with a school shooting earlier this month.  I would like to write about that, too, but I won’t have time tonight.  It’s getting close to dinnertime, and Belinda and I would like to go through all of the papers and mail that have been accumulating on our kitchen counter this past month.  Once again, though, Merry Christmas Eve!


Until next time…

No comments: