Monday, February 3, 2020

Birthday Golf Gifts for Me


Written on 1-21-2020.

     I am in bed at the Garden Cottage in Jemez Springs, doing some writing before I go to sleep.  This is the third time I have stayed here, and I feel more comfortable with every visit.  The little wood stove makes it quite cozy, especially with the drizzly weather outside.  Belinda will come stay with me here in March.  
     Tomorrow, I go back home, and I will be done with all of my visits for January for the CORE.  I have a staff meeting on Saturday in Albuquerque, but it will be a short meeting, Belinda will make it more fun by coming with me, and we will get reimbursed for travel.  This is the perfect job for me, so I hope it continues...forever.  We shall see if the grant is funded again next year, though.  Funding for grants can be so unpredictable.
On to golf…

     I bought my birthday gifts.  We just continued with the “Anderson” way of doing things for my birthday after Christmas, so I simply ordered what I wanted online.  I considered getting the book The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, but I chose to go with all golf stuff again.  I bought FLIGHTPATH Golf Tees.  I bought more than I wanted to, though, because I was duped.  I was going to buy one pack of eight, but they said they would sell me one more pack of eight for just five dollars more, so I chose that option, and then they said I could get three packs for just a couple dollars more, so I did that.  
     Turns out I ended up buying six packs of eight tees!  One plus two plus three.  Oops.  I could return them, but I don’t want to make a fuss.  No big deal.  I have enough now to last a loooooonng time.  I blame it on the stroke.  What the heck; it’s a birthday gift, too.
     I also bought a training aid from Golf Doctor.  It’s a little yellow plastic guide that attaches to the grip of any club, and it sets the correct form for the entire swing.  Since I started doing slow motion swings, I thought that would be perfect.  I can do slow motion swings with the training aid for better form.  Once again, they tried to upsell, and I took the bait.  I now have a lifetime warranty if it breaks or anything bad happens to it.  That cost me an additional $4.99.  I hope to use it so often, it will break.
     Okay, my eyes are getting tired and bleary.  It’s 10:22, and I teach three lessons tomorrow.
     Oh, another quick update.  I finished writing those letters to my family.  It was difficult.  But, now they are done, and they will be there for them after I’m gone.    

Until next time…

No comments: