Monday, March 14, 2011

Track Meet, Bisti Meeting, and Older, but Big FCGM News

3-12-11
    I am sitting in my truck at Farmington High School at one of James’s track meets.  He runs in about a half hour.  I just finished writing my newsletter for school.  I love this MacBook Pro, and I have switched my journal/diary over to Pages now instead of Word.  It’s easily the best laptop I have ever owned/used. 
    This morning, I attended the Core Bisti Writing Project meeting/brunch at Vicki’s house.  It was a successful and energetic meeting.  As the new tech liaison, I have a big job and a big responsibility.  I got some great ideas for our new Bisti Writing Project web site from the members who attended.  I am excited to get it going. 
    I am also the co-director for this year’s summer institute, another huge responsiblility.  I look forward to that as well.  Without the Bisti Writing Project, I would
probably not be writing this.  I would not see myself as a writer, and I would definitely not have submitted articles to Four Corners Golf Magazine or asked to help edit that magazine.
    Speaking of FCGM, they have made a “progression.”  They are combining with the PGA/AGA in the Sun Country Section, and they will have two new magazines: New Mexico Golf Magazine, and West Texas Golf Magazine.

Here is the info from D.K.’s e-mail announcement.Four Corners Golf Magazine has ended three years of publication. We’ve made a progression. This fall we partnered with Dana (last name) and Matt (last name) of the PGA/AGA in the Sun Country Section, to create New Mexico Golf Magazine and West Texas Golf Magazine. Fifteen thousand copies (7,500 for each publication) will be printed quarterly with an upscale (glossy) format.                 

I want to be a part of it!  I have e-mailed D.K., but no reply yet.  I called her, but no answer and no reply there yet either.  I will keep trying.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

It IS a lot of responsibility, but you're perfect for it and you're going to do great things!