Monday, March 14, 2011

Bruce and I Play Nine Holes on a Sunday

3-14-11

Bruce called me right after I had finished a late lunch yesterday to ask me if I wanted to play.  Should I?  Had I done all my schoolwork?  Yes!  Was the family off doing other things?  Yes!  I told him I would be there immediately.  Did I have a cold?  Yes, that was true, too, but I decided to suffer through. 
I called ahead to have someone go get my golf clubs as I was driving over.  They are generously storing my clubs in a shed out back since I am helping with the golf team.  They do that for the "kids," too.
We played match play.  It was Bruce's idea, but that sounded fun to me.  I was only going to play nine holes in order to finish in time for church at 6:00.
I'll fill in the details later, but it was a really close match that went to the very last hole. 

No comments: