Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back Nine Movie

On Netflix tonight, I found a golf movie.  Mostly, the movies about golf on Netflix are not so good, but this one interested me.  It's about a 40-year old guy, Jon Fitzgerald, who has a family and a career, and he also wants to compete professionally in golf.  He wants to see how good he can get at his age.  It was an astounding movie/documentary, and it made me think of my own blog and dreams.  I watched it from start to finish.  It's a great springboard for writing, so I will watch it again, include the parts that were interesting to me here, and make comments on them, too. 

In other quick news, we are headed to Moab tomorrow to play in the Moab co-ed volleyball tournament.  We are returning to where we started twenty years ago when Belinda and I first played together on our own co-ed team called the Griswolds (I was Clark aka "Sparky" and she was Ellen, of course).  This time, we are going as the Swopertons, the name coined by my nephew Daryl on the Christmas cruise.  It will be the Edgertons (Kyle, Amanda, and Becca) and the Swopes (James, Belinda, Danielle, and me).  It's going to be fun.  I'll be posting as we go along, and I'll be writing more on the road, too.

Also, no news from D.K. yet after I e-mailed her my ideas.  


No comments: